[7 Steps to Success on Facebook]
1. Start with a goal.
What do you want to achieve on social media?
- Brand awareness?
- Online sales?
- Foot traffic into your store?
- Email sign-ups?
Keep this in mind throughout every other step. Always come back to it and delete anything you’ve done that isn’t in line with it.
2. Figure out who your perfect audience is.
- What do they like?
- Where do they hang out (online & offline)?
- How old are they?
3. Build a culture & community around your business.
Branding is not your logo, it’s the feeling you create in people when they see your logo
4. Create & share engaging & relevant content.
- Educate & Inform.
Speak to an audience of one.
5. Mix up your content type
- Video is HUGE!
- Live video is EVEN BIGGER! Do it. Get over yourself and just do it! So, yeah, video.
- Images, infographics, photos, etc.
- Text statuses.
When was the last time you had a great night listening to someone talk about themselves the whole time?
- Set a goal
- Know who your target is
- Build your community (be aware of how your business ‘sounds’ online)
- Add value & talk to one person at a time when you create ads or posts
- Use video more and;
- Don’t just talk about yourself.
Oh, one more thing…
7. BE PATIENT.
Social media is not a microwave where you put your content in for a minute and *DING* your audience is ready and buying your stuff.
Look, it can be like that for some, but generally it’s more like a marathon that takes time and you need to pace yourself.
It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen (that sounds strangely familiar).